Unhappy with the tip of my nose! What are your expert opinions? (Photo)

Its been almost two years since Ive gotten my nose done. I had gotten work done for a bulbous tip and dorsal hump. I almost feel like he made the bridge of my nose really small to the point where he didnt concentrate on my tip and left all the fat on the tip. It looks horrible when I smile because my nose expands in size, and all I really wanted was a defined tip. I have talked to the surgeon multiple times he thinks there is no problem, but i disagree. What do you guys think.

Redo eval

+2
It'd be useful to have preop and postop pictures. I totally see what you are saying but it before undertaking any procedure it to be appropriate to see you in person. It may be that the door some lists the road too much or that a little more cartilage could be removed from your tip or other procedures can be performed to refine it.

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with your rhinoplasty results

+2
Sorry about your concerns after nose surgery 2 years ago. Since your original surgeon was unable to accept your dissatisfaction and see the areas of your nose with which you are unhappy, I recommend consultations with other experienced plastic surgeons in your area to discuss revisional rhinoplasty to reshape your tip and dorsum. Digital imaging is very helpful in trying to communicate your expectations and goals with your surgeon. Based on the resulting imaging, your future surgeon will be able to determine if your desired results are possible or not. Thank you sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.
For more information about rhinoplasty:

Gregory Park, MD

Unsatisfactory Rhinoplasty Result

+2

Although your nose is not necessarily bad looking, the description of what makes you unhappy and the photos you present match.  Your tip would benefit from refinement and possibly deprojection. 

Find a few qualified rhinoplasty surgeons and look at their photos.  Be clear about what you want, and have your digital images morphed so that you both agree about what needs to be accomplished.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty for the low bridge and large tip, etc.

+2
Revision rhinoplasty for the low bridge and large tip, etc. is what you need. Your concerns are valid  in my opinion. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for this.

Its all relative....

+2
Hi there, 

I'll answer based on your concerns and photo's but obviously its impossible to comment in great detail without seeing you in person. 

I can see where you are coming from 100%. My opinion is, you have some bony dorsum removed and your tip reduced, however you also had your tip projection increased (the distance from the tip to your face). This often occurs (and is wanted) in some people who have their bulbous tip reduced. But you can imagine, if you make the upper part of your nose smaller and make the tip bigger, it can look like your nose sticks out more than it should...its all relative.  You can really see this on your side view (although a better full side view would be ideal).

I hope this helps a bit. I would get a second opinion in person from a certified facial cosmetic surgeon. 

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with tip of nose

+1
Dear leebree, thank you for your question.Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon.Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with the tip of my nose! What are your expert opinions?

+1
Preoperative photos would be necessary to make a determination on what to expect in regard to the revision.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Nasal issues

+1
It looks like you have reasonable concerns.  You might benefit from some dorsal augmentation and tip work. Best to be seen in person.

Several nose shaping option available depending on goal

+1
Dear leebre,

It sounds like you have some reasonable concerns and expectations about the appearance of your nose.  Your surgical options will eventually come down to work performed on the tip only versus on the tip and dorsum of the nose.  Some surgeons may recommend a mild dorsal augmentation as well as tip reduction and support.  It will all come down to what you ideally want to accomplish and the surgeon that you eventually go with.  I think a slightly smaller tip would benefit you.  The "plunging tip" when you smile is in part a result of the cheek and smile muscles.  This can be partially corrected with tip support but some of that phenomenon will always be present.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Revision rhinoplasty for a large tip

+1
Dear leebre,

• I can see what you are seeing and it would be best to have an exam to determine the exact cause of your dissatisfation
  • Sometimes, thicker skin can be the cause, other times, it is leftover cartilage that needs to be removed or shaped accordingly
  • See a few revision rhinoplasty specialists after looking at their before and after photos who can address all of your concerns and answer your questions

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD