Unhappy with the Tip of my Nose. Should I Refine With Tip-Plasty? (photo)

I have recently decided to get rhinoplasty. I am not happy with the lower 1/3 of my nose. I feel like its too puffy and it looks even more bigger when I smile. I dont have any problem with nasal bone. I love the width of it. So I dont want anything done to that part. I just want it look refined So if you were my surgeon, what would you suggest? Just a tip-plasty?

Should I only have tip work performed?

+1

An examination would really be necessary to provide you with an accurate answer.  It is also important to know how long ago you had your surgery.  Many times, swelling will be present in the tip after the surgery.  The swelling will continue to improve over 1 year.  It is possible to perform tip work only, but it depends on the patient's situation. The goal with rhinoplasty surgery is look at the entire face, and shape the nose to best complement the patient's other features. I would recommend seeking a consultation with a board certified specialist. They will be able to morph your photos using a special computer program, and allow you to get an idea of how your nose may look following surgery. Thanks and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty only?

+1

This is one of the biggest traps that patients put themselves into, i.e. feeling certain that they only need to refine one area of the nose. It's often true that only one area often concerns patients but the nose has to be in balance . Once you change that area other parts that didn't concern you before now become noticeable and a "new problem". It's most important that you have a complete consultation and follow your surgeon's recommendations and not limit the surgery and short change yourself.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Nasal Tip

+1

It is difficult to make recommendations without a full set of nasal pictures or an examination of your nose. However your tip does appear to be a little thick. Over the past 35 years I've always felt that patient desires are a very important consideration during consultation. An experienced surgeon will share their recommendations and describe the advantages and disadvantages of changing just one part of the nose because nasal proportion is necessary to get a natural result. In your case tip refinement may be beneficial.

Tip "puffiness" do I need a tip Plasty?

+1

You do not need any thing done to your attractive nose! The tip should be wider than the bridge and since you are happy with the rest NO SURGERY FOR YOU. 

Should I have a tip rhinoplasty only?

+1

Unfortunately your pictures do not show your nose from the angle that we as surgeons like to see. Rhinoplasty surgery is a mixture between a patients goals and nasal standards that can be achieved. Answering your question would require an evaluation in person and a discussion of what your goals are for your surgery. Good luck and find a surgeon you trust and one that is board certified in Plastic Surgery

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhino only

+1

in my opinion it is a rare patient who benefits from a tip rhino only.  chaning one part of the nose often mandates changing other parts in order to restore and/or maintain blanace and harmony.  your photos are not the greatest (but they do give some indication of the nature of your nose) and a full consultation is alway required prior to given true medical advice.  with that said, if you were to come into my office for a consultation knowing what i know from your photographs, i woud likely recomend considering a true rhinoplasty, not just a procedure directed at the tip only.  i am in austin.  not too far from you - i think.  if you are interested give us a call.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

A formal consultation is required to determine what is your best option

+1

A formal consultation is required to determine what is your best option.  It is very difficult to evaluate your nose with the photos provided.  Seek a consultation with multiple sureons.  Board Certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, the American Board of Otolarynogology, or the American Board of Plastic Surgery is advisable.  Warmest regards,

Dr. Pippin

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip-Plasty or Rhinoplasty

+1

In Rhinoplasty surgery you can make make minor or major refinements of the nose. These depend on the patients needs, their desires and on their overall facial features. The nose is in the center of the face and it must be made aesthetically pleasing to the overall features of the face. I personally use an imaging computer with my consulting patients which allows me to show the patient the changes I would make. This allows the patient to look at the proposed results prior to surgery. A good consultation and intra nasal examination would allow an open discussion on what should be done to attain the results you desire. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty, what your surgeon will suggest

+1

During a rhinoplasty consultation your surgeon will listen to you carefully to determine just what your concerns are with your nose, and complete an exam to look at skin, structure and balance, as well as the airway. Finally, computer imaging can be applied to 'try out' changes to get the best look and a clear view of the surgical goal. Tip only, or the need for more? The proof will be in the pictures.