I Am Unhappy with the Looks of my Rhinoplasty Surgery but What if It Looks Good to All Doctors?

I really don't like the way my new nose looks but I don't know what can be changed. maybe it could be made longer. If the nose i have looks ok to many surgeons, will any of them change it because i don't like it?

Its yor nose and if you don't like it change it

+2

I am a trained portrait artist and I know beauty and proportin and balance better than most surgeons. I have had patients in whom I felt the result was exemplary but they didn't like it.It is hard to make a nose that I don't think is right' You must find a surgeon who agrees with you and computer image you

You may want to post a photo, with your concerns about your Rhinoplasty.

+2

If you're dissatisfied with your result, and if your surgeon says all is well, you may want to get a second opinion. Or, as I suggested above, you could re ask your query with a photo for the RealSelf community of experts to view and comment on.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your Nose Should Look The Way You LIke It To Be

+1

Without photos (before/after), the details of your surgery and an in-person evaluation where the surgeon understands your concerns and your goals, you will not be able to be happy with your nose.

That being said, if you have undergone several consultations and almost all surgeons agreed that your nose is great and does not require a corrective surgery then their case may be holding water from a surgical perspective; perhaps your goal will not be possible to be achieved surgically and the risks of a corrective surgery outweigh its benefits leaving you with limited options to consider.

Nevertheless, it is your nose that is being discussed and I encourage you to manipulate your photos (profile and straight shots) on a morphing software to come up with what you think your nose should like and bring a copy of those modified photos with you to the consultations; this way the surgeon will have the exact idea of how you see your nose to be.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Computer Imaging for Rhinoplasty

+1

Computer imaging for rhinoplasty surgeries allows patients to tell their surgeon what it is they seek and to then share that information by looking at photos.  This assures patients of achieving as close to a result as possible. 

Web reference: http://www.southfloridarhinoplasty.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with the result of rhinoplasty

+1

Good communication with your surgeon is very important for helping you to achieve the best possible result and leave you happy with your new nose.  To give you the best advice, it would help to know how long ago you had your procedure.  Depending on the nature of your surgery, it can take up to two years to see the final result.  This is especially true if tip work was performed during your surgery.  If you are still unhappy with your nose following a reasonable recovery period, I would recommend a consulting your surgeon and communicating your concerns.  Every patient heals differently, and sometimes a small revision may be necessary to achieve the best result.  This is the case even if the primary surgery was performed properly. Computer morphing can help predict how a revision may look, and it is not out of the question to follow through with a revision if you and your surgeon determine a small change could improve the appearance of your nose. In general, revision patients can fall into two categories:

1) Those whose initial surgery was performed properly, and may want to continue to improve their nose.   The surgeon may have initially taken a very conservative approach, as it is much easier to fine tune a nose that was properly fixed then to perform a revision on a nose where the surgeon went too far.

2) Those whose initial surgery was not performed properly, and are left with a nose that has an unsightly appearance and/or functional issues.

If you are still not happy following a consultation with your surgeon, I would recommend seeking a second opinion. Thank you and good luck!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Perfection?

+1

Rhinoplasty revisions are common, so make sure that you communicate your full concerns with all future second opinions.  Be reasonalbe in your expectations and look for improvements, not perfection!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy rhinoplasty patient can usually be made happy with revision.

+1

Hi.

Most people have reasonable expectations.  If you are unhappy with your rhinoplasty, get a couple of different opinions.  It can probably be made better.

Concerning rhinoplasty your opinion counts

+1

If you are unhappy with your nose after rhinoplasty your surgeon may indeed see the result as just fine and so may others, though your opinion counts as well. You may need a second opinion, and computer imaging is very helpful to sort out and describe what changes might look like and demonstrate how you look after.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Your opinion is important

+1

If you are unhappy about the appearance of your nose, you should first and foremost go back to see your original surgeon and explore this with him or her.  If you think it looks bad because the surgery failed to reach your goals, you may explore a revision with your surgeon (or someone else if need be).  If the surgery did reach the targetted outcome, but you just have second thoughts about having undergone the change, you may want to carefully consider what exactly you want from this point.  Either way, you should make sure enough time has passed from the primary surgery (at least a year) before jumping into any decision for revision.

If there are several experienced surgeons who think your nose looks fine now, you should try to be clear within your own mind of how exactly you would like to look different.

Web reference: http://dwkimmd.com/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon