Unhappy with Size After Augment, Will They Get Bigger? What Should I Expect? (photo)

I had my augmentation 8 days ago, I had wanted 650 cc silicone unders with a lift, my doctor agreed with me until the day of surgery had a collegue perform it instead and the told me that the lift wouldnt go well unlees I went with 400 cc isted. I agreed as I thought i should listen. I know i am only 8 days out but I dont feel a big difference in size. I had a full c cup with 2 grade ptosis in both breasts. I am ok with new way they look but am hoping that as they drop and fluff they get bigger

Will they get bigger

+1

In general the breasts are swollen in the first 3-4 weeks after surgery and then the swelling will start to fade. The breast will then look smaller. What you need is a staged procedure. You have a very good first stage, which is lift and augmentation. The second stage would be to go with bigger implants after about 6 months. 

Breast Size after Breast Augmentation and Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you. Larger breast implants would likely not have been a prudent choice. Unfortunately, based on viewing your goal pictures, it is likely that you will wish to increase her breast implant size in the future.  It is unlikely that (even with “dropping and fluffing”  that the breasts will approximate the size seen in your goal pictures).

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Allow yourself at least six months before evaluating the end results of surgery.

Breast augment sizing

+1

You have a fine result and I do not believe that, at an initial operation, your chest could have accomodated a large implant.  You could consider re-augment but I would advise you to optimally wait for a year before proceeding with more surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Unhappy with Size After Augment, Will They Get Bigger? What Should I Expect?

+1

Thanks for the post op 8 day photo. Very nice result. Your issue is the size but to understand that 650 cc implant would most likely not allowed closure of the vertical incision thus causing a real wound problem. After 6 months have a replacement to 650 cc

How big is too big?

+1

I do not think your chest nor your skin could accommodate larger implants just now. Maybe in a year after healing (and stretching) larger implants could (not should) be placed.

What you have now will not get bigger otherwise. Actually, with time, they will sag a little, swelling will decrease and they may appear smaller.

However, I suggest sticking with what you have for the next 12 months. Also be aware that larger implants (650) will tend to spread out towards the armpit and your arms will brush against them. Many patients do not like this.

J. Brian Boyd, MD