My nose is slightly crooked to the right side, hump on the top, and droopy tip. What treatment would you recommend? (photos)

My nose is slightly crooked to the right side. I also never realized that I didn't like the shape until i saw a profile picture of myself. The hump on top and droopy tip really stand out and it is very noticeable. I haven't started to look for a good surgeon yet but these are some of my problems. Can I get a better looking nose which will suit my face and what would need to be done honestly? Open, closed, etc..?

My nose is slightly crooked to the right side, hump on the top, and droopy tip. What treatment would you recommend?

+1
    The nose can be straightened, the hump removed, and the tip elevated with a closed rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty for hump and crooked nose

+1
You have very valid concerns, and once you've educated yourself about your options, and if you're open to the idea of having a surgical procedure, you'd be well advised to speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon who's board certified in plastic surgery or facial plastic surgery.  Be sure to spell out your goals during the consultation.  Your nose can be handled with both open and closed technique, but you'll have to seek your doctor's advise to see based on his / her experience, what turns out better.

Reza Momeni, MD
Summit Plastic Surgeon

+1
All of the areas that concern you about your nose can be improved with a rhinoplasty and possible septoplasty.
Excellent cosmetic results can be achieved with both open and closed  techniques. There is not a best way to perform the procedure. Individual surgeons have their own preferences of how to produce the best results in their hands. What is more important than whether a closed or open approach is utilized is the experience and artistry of the plastic surgeon and your comfort level and confidence in that individual.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty for dorsal hump reduction

+1
Closed rhinoplasty techniques can accomplish your aesthetic goals of reducing a hump, and straightening the nose. Computer imaging may also help n the communication process between you and your surgeon. For  many examples ohump removal in our practice, please see the link below

Rhinoplasty

+1
From the limited photos provided, it appears you could benefit from a rhinoplasty surgery.  The profile can be enhanced and made straighter with a less droopy tip.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may result in a more pleasing nasal appearance.

+1
Based on your photos, your tip veers to your right, and you have a dorsal hump with a droopy dependent nasal tip. You may benefit from consulting several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you. Computer imaging may be helpful during your consultation.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon