Unhappy Rhinoplasty Results, What Do You Suggest For a Revision?

im an aussie boy whos had 2 extremely bad rhinoplasty done. In one of the operations ive had in 2000 i had a septoplasty, rhinoplasty & an SMD and in the other ive had a open rhinoplasty in 2005.I have a hanging columella which is heart breaking. What is required to fix the problem? what are the risks? what would be a rough cost? I am more then willing to travel to America to have this done

Revision Rhinoplasty for Hanging Columella

+1

Tip revision can be done to treat a hanging columella whether it is secondary to a low columella and/or a retracted nostril rim. Unfortunately it is a problem I've seen this many times doing revision rhinoplasty over the last 35 years. Cost for this surgery is about $10,000.

What is needed for revision?

+1

It is hard to  to give accurate advice without photos, but generally a hanging columella is caused by either a long caudal septum or retracted alar rims or a combination of both. Long septums can be trimmed and retracted alae can be grafted to lower them. In my area costs for revision rhinoplasty can range from $8-14,000 dollars depending on how much operative time is needed, requirement for ear or rib grafts etc. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon