Crooked Nose 6 Months Post Op. My Surgeon Says to Wait a Year?

Hello, visiting my surgeon today, I explained that I am unhappy with the results of the tip (it's crooked and points to the right.) My surgeon shrugged this off and said not every rhinoplasty delivers 100% of what you want to achieve, then stated that the tip was not the main focus of my sugery (it was for me!) and also stated that it is unlikely the tip will change from now. He told me to wait a year but I'm really not happy with that, my next app is not until October. What are my options?

Crooked nose following surgery

+1

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your result. In general, it is best to wait around one year from your initial procedure before performing any revision work. Sometimes, a revision can be performed sooner depending on the individual circumstances of the patient and if there was no tip work. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Crooked nose six months post-rhinoplasty

+1

Definitely wait a year. By doing so, you give the tissues the proper time needed to normalize, something that is essential before doing a revision. At the one year point, I suggest you get another opinion from an experienced and board-certified rhinoplasty surgeon.

Good luck!

Dr. A

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Crooked tip?

+1

While he may not have expressed what you wanted to hear very well, a revision usually has to wait a year until the stiffness and swelling dissipates. This can take a year.

Yes, wait a year for rhinoplasty revision

+1

Most would agree that a year wait is the best before a revision after rhinoplasty. It sounds as if you and the surgeon are not quite together on your surgery and goal and you might be best to start again with another practice unless you think October will change his mind.

Deviated tip after rhinoplasty

+1

The best thing to do is wait the full year before undergoing a revision. The tissues have healed completely and you will have the best result. If your surgeon does not agree with revising it, it may be a good idea to get a second opinion.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

+1

It is generally advised to wait a year to allow for complete healing so that you don't run the risk of over or under correcting with a revision. Some things can be done sooner but you generally have nothing to lose and more to gain by waiting then not.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the crooked nose,

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the crooked nose can be done sooner than 1 year if there is enough healing present. Tip asymmetry will usually not change after 6 months but the swelling will go down. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Crooked Tip at 6 Months Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Pictures would help in the assessment, but, if the asymmetry is truly confined to the tip, it is advisable to wait a year.  The tip is the last part of the nose to resolve.   It would be silly to operate on a nose that does not need anything done when it completely heals. Once again though, I do not have the benefit of before and after pictures.  Also, the focus of rhinoplasty should be improvement, and sometimes the degree of deformity is too small to reasonably recommend correction.  If you are dissatisfied with the result at a year, you may want to get another opinion about reoperation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Generally, post-rhinoplasty noses take about a year before you see the final result becasue of swelling, and this may be why your PS says to wait a year. However, it is according to the amount of deviation that you have. If the bones are very deviated and you have an obvious asymmetrical deformity, then you could undergo surgery before a year.

Whether you should undergo revisional surgery before a year also pertains to the amount of swelling that you have, which should have mostly subsided in 6 months. These are questions only a rhinoplasty specialist can answer after examining you. The usual rule of thumb is to wait a year, but the above exceptions do exist.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon