Unhappy with results what should I do next ? Rasping went wrong? Scar tissue? (photos)

Ok , im only 19, I've despised my long nose since I was young so last year I finally got surgery, I quickly realized that a bump was forming around my eye (callous) it ruined my result so my surgery agreed to rasp it down reassuring me ot would be fine. Sadly, since this surgery my nose has developed a curved/profile bump appearance- I hate it, my old nose was big, but straight, now I have a wonky unstraight nose . Is it scar tissue ? And how can I correct this. It's been 8 months since rasp.

Revision rhinoplasty

It appears that another revision would be required.  Fillers are ok as a temporizing measure but  I believe another operation would be necessary to achieve your long term goals.  Good luck.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

17617 Burke Street
Omaha, NE 68118-2259

Unhappy with results what should I do next ? Rasping went wrong? Scar tissue?

I think you need a new surgeon and a re operation to achieve the results you desire. Tertiary rhinoplasty is a difficult operation and the fees are higher... 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Nose Bump after Rasping

I agree with the idea of adding fillers and the root of the nose (Apex), above the bump. Further lowering the bump (hump-like) will make your nasal bridge look more curved and the procedure will be more invasive.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

53-55 Rachadamri Rd
Patumwan, Bangkok 10330

Depending on your examination, you may be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty treatments to improve your nasal profile.

Based on your limited photos and your concerns, you appear to have a small profile bump after your nasal bones were rasped. You may have a straight profile restored by adding filler above your bump. In our practice we prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

1500 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052

Fullness of dorsum after rasping

It appears that you have some fullness of the dorsum. After a dorsal hump (bump) has been reduced, there can be slight residual fullness. In the few months following surgery, this may be due to swelling or excessive scar tissue. However, at 8 months following a revision with rasping to reduce the dorsum, this remaining fullness may be due to the underlying cartilage still being to prominent and, if so, will likely not improve with time. You should follow-up with your surgeon for reevaluation to see what the issue is and what options there are to improve it.

Jamil Ahmad, MD

1421 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5G 3H5