What Can I Do? I See No Results 2 Weeks Post-Injectables.

Hi. I had radiesse injected into my cheeks 2 wks ago and I can hardly tell I had it done. I also had juvederm in lips and nasolabial folds and botox on forhead and glabellar lines. I spent $2835.50 and I am not happy. I want them to redo my cheeks so I can get what I paid for. I know that a doctor can buy radiesse for $249 and they charge $700 per syringe! What can I do?

Radiesse Should be Subtle but Dramatic for Cheeks

+2

Radiesse is a "volumizing" filler that is ideal for cheek enhancement. It needs to be properly placed and with enough volume to make a significant difference. Your problem is most likely that you need more volume replacement to achieve the proper correction. Because this is an art as much as it is a science, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for Radiesse. This means they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face and they are likely to be good, experienced injectors. They are also more likely to buy Radiesse in greater quantities and therefore get a much greater discounted price per syringe. In my office, I pass this discount on to my patients and charge only $500 per syringe.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Disappointment after Radiesse

+1

I agree with the advice given of returning to the doctor's office and reviewing the before treatment and after treatment photos.  It is likely that your docor may authorize additional treatment at a reduced price in order to win your satisfaction.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Not seeing the difference...

+1

Greetings Sonyae~

I'm sorry to hear you haven't seen the results you hoped for after your injections.  The most important thing to do is to return to the office where you had the injections and talk to them and review your before and after photos.  It's so important prior to doing any of these types of procedures to have a good idea of what you want to achieve, what your injector thinks is possible and how much product that will require.  I don't know how much Radiesse you have already had injected, but you may just need more to get the results and the cheeks you want.   There are no guarantees that the amount of product used will be enough to achieve a desired result.  If not enough was injected, there's nothing wrong, just more is required.  It's easy to add to existing filler to add volume...it's much more difficult to remove it if it's too much.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD