Unhappy Patient. Did I Have Unreasonable Rhinoplasty Expectations? (photo)

I've had 2 open rhinoplasties & I'm unhappy. I'm a year post op from my 2nd rhinoplasty. I wanted a very sexy "hollywood" refined look. Unhappy with the 1st result, I saw the same doctor again for a revision. I was detailed, taking drawings and pictures of noses I liked (in particular Karissa Shannon). Again, I requested a feminine nose that shadowed nicely & again ended with a boring plain nose. I've wasted time & $30,000. Why has my experience been frustrating? Was I misled? Can I fix it?

Rhinoplasty revision issue

+2

Sometimes it is difficult to achieve what patients' want in rhinoplasty.  It is difficult to see your photos well to see what is actually bothering you, but I would caution against further rhinoplasty without potentially causing some irreparable problems especially with the skin envelope which looks very thin even now.

Matching patient and surgeon expectations

+1

Your nose has achieved quite a bit of refinement, especially from the frontal view. At this point it is definitely feminine, and I wouldn't call it a "boring, plain nose".  There is a fine line between a pretty, refined nose and one that is over-resected and pinched.  If you do decide to have another revision, it's important to seek a revision rhinoplasty specialist who is experienced in maintaining your breathing while further refining your nose.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Its very difficult to say from the pics you sent. Its possible that you and your surgeon had a misunderstanding as far as results go. You should consider computer imaging to see what your results can look like.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS