Very Unhappy of my Results?

I'm a thin woman, and I have done my TT about 6 weeks ago but my tummy is still bulging and I still have exces skin around my incision line. My P.S. said he is going to fix that in about 4 months and due to the hernia that I had he hasn't removed the excess skin aggressively. I have a feeling that my musles are not as tight either since from the side view my stomach is bulging unless I breath in. not sure if the revision will make me happy or not. what do you doctors think?

Unhappy

+1

sounds like you had a lot of work done. swelling after surgery takes time to resolve. it is better to be coservative and safe than aggressive and run into problems.

Very Unhappy of my Results

+1

Without photos of your current status and some preop photos for comparison, I can't begin to respond to your question. Please consider adding those, and some info such as height and weight. Thanks and best wishes.

Tummy tuck result

+1
Excess skin around the scar line reflects a conservative procedure and is much safer than over-resection. Your doctor is correct that this can be corrected at a later date. In terms of the muscles and what you perceive as bulging, you are still early in the healing process and need to give things more time to resolve. Only you can know what will "make you happy" but expectations need to be reasonable. I encourage you to continue to followup with your plastic surgeon and to air your concerns to enable him to offer feedback.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

TT??

+1

I am so sorry to here about your result. Photographs would have been of great assistance in answering your questions. Your condition may represent a possible post-operative condition called a seroma. First, may I suggest you return to your surgeon & express concern about a post-operative seroma that may require drainage. Then, request a copy of your operative report. Consider taking this report with you for a second option. A member of the ASAPS would be one of the best plastic surgeons to consider. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon