I Am Unhappy with my Nose, but Don't Know What Should Be Corrected to Make It Most Esthetically Pleasing. Please Help! (photo)

I would like my nose to have a little more deffiniton in the bridge and to look a little less wide. I dislike the small hump that seems to be most visible on my 3/4s facial profile. I want to look like me but with improved confidence and everything to be more esthetically pleasing, but I don't know what features need to be tweaked to achieve this. I would like opinions on what could be done. Also my nose widens when I smile, is this something that can be fixed but still maintain a natural look?

Best Rhinoplasty Options

+2

Hi Mason,

Great photos, you can be my office photographer anytime!  Your nose is a bit large for your face, it is wide, the tip is bulbous, and the nasal tip is slightly over projected.  As you note, your dorsal hump is noticable on 3/4 view.  You can achieve your goals with properly performed rhinoplasty.  One of the reasons why your nose appears to dominate your face is that your hairstyle hides most of your other facial features (eyes, ears, forehead).  A beautiful nose gets our of the way, so that the main focus on a face is the eyes, lips, cheeks.

I would decrease your dorsal hump using a rasp on the dorsal nasal bone, and then trim down your cartilaginous hump conservatively.  I would approach your nose through a closed to open technique.  The tip would be deprojected slightly, the lower lateral cartilages refined, and then osteotomies (incisions in the lateral nasal bones) to narrow the upper 1/3.  Of course your nasal septum would be centered if not already so. The results should look natural.  The most crucial aspect of your rhinoplasty is making sure that you choose your rhinoplasty specialist most carefully.  In the Lexington area you wish to consult with Randy Waldman, MD.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty procedure for better facial balance

+1

Mason, your photos show that your nose is modestly overprojected with a bulbous tip and subtle dorsal hump.  All of these problems can be corrected with a well-performed reductive rhinoplasty with very natural-appearing results.  The goal is to better balance the size of your nose with your facial features.  It is important to insure that your surgeon understands your aesthetic goals and takes functional considerations (nasal breathing) into account during surgical planning.  Best of luck.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and nasal bump with a wide bridge can be refined to give a more harmonious nose while still looking natural. Choose a surgeon who is experienced and does natural noses.

I Am Unhappy with my Nose, but Don't Know What Should Be Corrected to Make It Most Esthetically Pleasing. Please Help!

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos, the nose is large with a dorsal hump and thick tip as well as nasal bones.  The nose should be reduced in size and refined from top to bottom IMHO, with Rhinoplasty.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.