Unhappy with Liposuction Belly and Outer Thighs, Can I Ask For a Toch Up? (photo)

I had a lipo done on my outer thighs and belly 6 months ago,i am not satisfied with the results as I think the surgeon were very conservative in the amount fat he removed. Also i have a bulk over and under my belly button still, so it seems like he only made my "problem" area smaller.This is also including my outer thighs.3 of may I will go for a check up, do I really have to be satisfied with this result, or can I ask for a retouch ?

Touch-up Liposuction

+1

I would highly recommend a consultation with the surgeon who performed your procedure. revision liposuction procedures are very common. if youre unsatisfied with the way the results are Im sure your surgeon can help you with that. they key is to let your doctor know and take it from there

Liposuction

+1

Sometimes revision are necessary to obtain the result that you desire.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Liposuction touch up

+1

You should certainly tell your plastic surgeon that you are not satisfied with the results.  I am sure he will appreciate you telling him, rather than just living with a result you are unhappy with, or worse, telling others you are unhappy.  Occasionally a touch up procedure can make all the difference in your satsifaction.  Most of us take great satisfaction in our work and if you are unhappy with the result, chances are he is as well.

As far as whether revision liposuction is indicated in YOUR case, I cannot say without an examination.  Photographs do not tell the whole story.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction revision

+1
Your abdomen looks quite good. If you have an area of hardness below the umbilicus, it may need more time to resolve. This cannot be determined without an examination and should be discussed with your plastic surgeon. It is always better to be more conservative than overly aggressive in terms of results/complications. With respect to the cost of a revision, this would be dependent on the terms of your written agreement with the surgeon and the extent of surgery for which you contracted initially.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Speak to your surgeon.

+1

If you are unhappy with your procedure in any way then you should peak with your surgeon about it. Whether or not they will do a revision for free or charge you a further fee is a personal choice for the surgeon. They will still have their own costs for time, staff and equipment so do not be surprised if there is a fee involved.

The results for your thighs and buttocks look quite good. It is hard to tell from the photos how well your abdomen responded. Liposuction can help a great deal with your body shape but there is no guarantee that you will look perfect afterwards. It is always a good idea to discuss your needs in detail with your surgeon prior to surgery so you know what to expect and do not have unrealistic expectations.

It may also be worth bearing in mind that there can be some growth of scar tissue under the skin following liposuction and this can make a second procedure harder to do as there is more resistance to the probe. Each successive liposuction procedure can be slightly more painful so you may want to limit the number of procedures you undergo to the minimum.

Sofia K. Kirk, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon