I Am Unhappy With A LSL Lifestyle Lift Procedure I Had. Is There Any Way to Receive Compensation or a Refund?

I had a LSL done in the Independence, Ohio location in Sept. 2011. I went to the LSL location for loose and sagging skin in the neck area. Seven months later the skin is still sagging and now is gathered under my chin. I actually have more folds of skin than before. The doctor has offered to redo the procedure, but I am afraid to have my face cut a second time by the same doctor. I don't know what to do next. Are there any means to obtain a refund so that I can go to an actual plastic surgeon and have the surgery done correctly? Do I just settle for this and consider the money spent as a loss? Does the company offer any compensation or a contact person?

I am not familiar with the financial policies of the Lifestyle Lift company. They are likely detailed in the documents that you signed prior to surgery. This is a great question to pose to them. With regard to a revision procedure, you should pose this question to your LSL surgeon. If they do not provide the answers that you're seeking you can seek a second opinion with a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Unfortunately, if you undergo a revision procedure with another surgeon they will likely charge you for the second procedure as they're revising the work of another surgeon. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refunds for surgery

Many doctors do revision surgery free but charge for the anaesthesiologist and the operating room. Very few do offer refunds

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

No One to complain to as Lifestyle Lift bankrupt

The Quick answer is that the Lifestyle Lift company has declared bankruptcy and out of business - i.e. It is not available anymore: so no there is not only no recourse but no one to go to with your concerns. This is a danger when going to a "doctor chain store" rather than a private practice.

Lifestyle Lift a trademarked brand name and also is a chain of facial cosmetic clinics with headquarters in Troy, Michigan.
As advertised, the LIFESTYLE LIFT is a minimally invasive, short scar lower face lift performed under local anesthesia and yes it involves cutting and sutures. The reason no one will tell you is probably because as far as I can tell there is no one specific technique, or even a published description of why this differs from other short scar techniques. It is performed by Facial Plastic Surgeons, Head and Neck Surgeons, and Plastic Surgeons.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS