3 Weeks Post Op And Unhappy With Results. Will They Look Better? (photo)

Hello. I am a Russian girl and need your opinion about my breast augmentation I did 3 weeks ago. I don't like the results. I had 385cc silicone breast implants, moderate profile and they are placed under the muscle. Not sure if it is because of the swelling or I had a lot of skin but I have ugly and dangling breasts, roundness on top! Please, have a look at my pictures.Do you think I will need another operation? The more you can tell me the better!

Will my implants drop?

+3

I can understand your concerns.  Your implants are too high and you have an unnatural look at the moment.  It is natural to be worried, but you must not make any long term decisions at this stage.  I normally tell people that it will be 3 months before they get an idea of the final result and 12-18 months for things to fully settle.

The advice from us all is to try to be patient and the implants may well drop in to the pocket to give a much better look.  Give it time and good luck.  Jonathan Staiano

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Post op unhappy with my breast augmentation.

+3

Without examining you it clearly is hard for me to make an exact diagnosis. However, with that said time is really essential, because it may improve itself over time and 3 weeks post op is very early to worry. Patients who maintain this shape over several months have whats called a "snoopy deformity", where the breast mound falls off the implant.  I have corrected these in my practice by creating a dual plane pocket revision where the muscle is released from the inferior and inferior medial attachments to the chest wall in order to get the implant to drop.  When my patients like the implant position, I offer a breast lift procedure to get the breasts to sit higher on the implant.  Again, I must stress, I am not saying you will need this at this point. Give it time because the implants may drop. Work closely with your Plastic Surgeon and be patient.

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape during healing process

+2

Your breasts would look better with a lower positioned implant.  If the pocket was performed correctly the implant should settle down into a better position.  With a decrease in swelling this can make all of the difference.  If you do not seea change with time it may indicate that the pocket needs to be opened further.  This can be done relatively easily, sometimes even under local anesthesia.  Wearing a bandeau or strap that pushes the implants down and massage may also help.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

How soon to expect final results of breast implant surgery

+2

Based on your pictures, you have a normal post-operative appearance. The implants usually sit high initially and take time to adjust as the skin and muscle stretch. Be patient. Ultimately, you will probably love your results.

Donna Rich, MD

Breast Augementation - 3 Weeks Post Op And Unhappy With Results. Will They Look Better?

+2

It's actually very hard to say.

First of all, three weeks is a very difficult time to make an assessment.  You still have swelling, the implants are under the muscle and so will continue to drop, and you're pretty much at the point of maximal distortion.  For those reasons, you - perhaps unfortunately - just have to wait it out for a while to see what happens.

On the other hand, it's possible that you could have benefited from an additional procedure such as a breast lift.  It's hard to say without seeing before photos, but a lift (there are several different kinds) and/or more dissection of the lower portions of the pocket (where the implant is) may have helped you look better at this stage.

At this point, though, I'm afraid that my advice is to wait it out for at least a few more weeks.  You could still have a lift at this point, or have the implants lowered - but it's not the best time to do all of that, as you still have swelling and at least some settling will occur.  It's better to let that happen on its own before you consider another procedure.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation appearance

+2

You are still very early post-op being that you are only 3 weeks out. The breasts will undergo some changes as the implants move lower on the chest. Give it some time.

Sagging after breast augmentation

+2

it is too early to tell. your breast will change for 2-3 months.

you should be massaging them down and probably consider a breast strap over the top until they settle

Too soon to know and too soon to be unhappy with breast implants

+2

Thank you for your question.  It's too soon to tell if your implants are going to settle into the breasts or not.  Typically, it takes about 6 weeks to 3 months for implants to drop. I have seen some drop as late as 6-8 months or longer.

Ask your plastic surgeon what she/he say thinks at your next visit. In the meantime, take a deep breath and allow your body to heal.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Too soo to tell

+2
I would like to tell you it is going to be fine but honestly it is too soon to tell. Sometimes these implants will drop over 3 months but not often. It appears that the lower pole is either under dissected and the muscle unreleased or you really needed some type of lift. If you didn't need a lift in the first place then in the worst case scenario, the pocket may have to be opened in the lower portion and the muscle released to allow the implant to settle in the right position. Wait until 3 months o by before making a decision. Good luck, dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Results?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your concern/anxiety is understandable, you should understand that the  breasts change in appearance significantly over the course of the next few months. Hopefully, the implants will “settle” into  the pockets dissected by your surgeon. If/when this happens it is likely you will be more pleased with the appearance of your breasts.  This will also result in less “roundness on top”.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon to express your questions and concerns. He/she may have recommendations regarding massage  or  implant displacement exercises  that may be helpful.