Unhappy with Closed Rhinoplasty Results - Seeking Second Opinions and Advice? (photo)

I had a closed rhino+septoplasty 6 months ago but am unhappy with the results. I was told my nose could be slimmed and the septum straightened w/o performing open surgery but its still uneven and now my surgeon has said nothing more can be done even with further operations. I would greatly appreciate some second opinions and advice on how to move forward. Thanks!

Closed Rhinoplasty

+1

It's important that you continue to give your nose time to heal before the full results of the procedure can be visible. I suggest waiting for a period of six months and then visiting a rhinoplasty specialist if you wish.

Closed Rhinoplasty Results Evaluated at 6 Months After Surgery

+1

I would agree with some of the other surgeons here who stated that you have a fairly good result for closed rhinoplasty surgery, especially considering where you started. There are some residual issues in terms of symmetry, in particular, that might benefit from revision surgery. However, in my opinion these are going to require an open approach to achieve the desired results. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with rhinoplasty.

+1

A lateral and three quarter view would be very helpful to see.  I can see what you see in general though.

From the information you provide, my advice would be to wait for another 6 - 12 months before considering anything further.  Your nose will get thinner yet, without doubt, and it may even continue to thin out for another 1 - 2 years, looking at your skin type.

There are some minor persisting asymmetries, but in general these don't detract from appearance.  In rhinoplasty its the overall look of the nose which is important.

If you did ultimately seek revision, it would need to be open.  But it's early days at the moment, even though I'm sure you feel it's a final result you're seeing.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Seeking Further Improvement from a Closed Rhinoplasty Result

+1

For a closed rhinoplasty you have a fairly favorable result even if it is not perfect. The end of the deviated septum has been straightened and your nasal tip is thinner. So you are clearly better than preop and the tip may continue to slim down slightly more in another six months. But any more substantial or precision changes are going to require an open rhinoplasty, you have gotten a pretty good result from a closed rhinoplasty from where you started.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty revision for the wide nasal tip and nostrils.

+1

Rhinoplasty revision for the wide nasal tip and nostrils will be what you need after 3 more months. The tip can be narrowed as well as the nostrils plus any work on the bridge. This should be done by a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Unhappy with the result after 6 months of Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,From the images it seems you had rather large bulbous tip of nose with sebaceous thick skin as the main cause of shape not looking so good and at 6 months its possible to look the way it looks now.Thick skin is hiding the modified cartilage shape.There will be some improvement for next 6 moths and then more work can be done by your PS who improved rather a difficult tip.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon