I Am Unhappy with How Close my Breasts Are, Had Them Done 5 Mth Ago when is the Best Time to Get Them Redone?

Also my PS isn't wanting to talk about fixing them he feels they look good, but I am not happy. Should I keep trying to talk to him or should I go an talk to another PS?

Breasts too close together/ second opinions

+2

Breasts that are too close together can be difficult to repair. There are good techniques for such repair but they are not nearly as straightforward as the original surgery. 

I agree with my colleagues that your surgeon usually only wants the best for you and would be the best person to keep your costs down.  it is difficult to render an opinion on your result without photos. 

However if and your surgeon disagree about the quality of your result then your only option is to get a second opinion by a reputable board certified surgeon. If I am ever in this situation, I am more than happy to give names of other surgeons I trust for the patient to see. I only want what is best for my patients and a second opinion makes them feel better and makes me feel better that my patient comes first. I always give my honest opinion, but I am not too egotistical for my patients to get a second opinion. I encourage it. 

Good luck

Breast implant revision

+2

Photos would be helpful but if you feel that the implants are too close at 5 months, time will not change that opinion.  A narrower diameter implant is generally the best way to go making sure that what you have is not a symmastia problem which is harder to fix.  Your doctor would probably provide the best pricing for your revision but you might need to get another opinion also. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breasts Too Close Together...

+2

Without photos showing your problem graphically, it's difficult to fully understand what may be happening.

Having said that I would conjecture the following 2 scenarios:

• Your implants may be excessively wide for your chest, and, if placed in front of your muscles, may have required making a surgical pocket very close to your cleavage line. If this is the case, exchanging to smaller diameter implants placed behind the muscles would serve to separate them from each other.
  • Many patients have a chest shape characterized as "pectus excavatum", in which the breastbone appears "sunken in". In these patients, the augmented breasts are directed toward one another by the position and slope of the underlying ribs. Surgically altering this characteristic would be extremely difficult, and it would likely not be beneficial to attempt revision, if this is your underlying problem. 

This should be re-discussed with your surgeon, or a second opinion should be sought.

Good Luck!

Charles Gruenwald, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast surgery

+2

It is often best to go back to  your original surgeon if you have faith in his skills.  He/she I am sure only wants the best result for you, and in most cases will work with you to keep the cost down.

Pictures would help us to give you better answer

+2

Your results depend  on the breast anatomy and your surgeons skill. If you are not happy with your results and your surgeon does not see the issues that you want to be fixed,you can get a second opinion.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Dissatisfaction with breast surgery

+2

I imagine that the appearance of your breasts will not change substantially after 5 months.  You did not say whether or not you had an augmentation, lift, or both.  If you had a lift, there may be some ongoing changes.  It is probably reasonable to consider a revision at this point, but you need to be sure that what is bothering you can indeed be "fixed."  Since I cannot refer to any photographs it is difficult to ascertain what you mean by "too close." There is a condition that is called 'synmastia' in which breast implants are too far to the center and are almost touching.  This will not get any better with time.

Try again to talk with your plastic surgeon about your concerns.  If he/she will not give you an adequate response, seek out a second opinion.  Good luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

The best time for breast revision after implants

+2

After five to six months it is unlikely that your result will change and if you are unhappy and feel you have given yourself enough time to let things adjust and settle in, it is reasonable to consider revision. It appears that your surgeon does not share your view concerning your result. It would be nice to continue the discussion with him, but a second opinion may help you.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast Revision

+1

You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and be evaluated.  The typical time period to wait is 1 year.  If you were close before surgery, you will likely be closer after surgery, and the bigger the implant, the closer they will be.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with implants being too close

+1

It is hard to comment without your photos.  Your implant position will not change much after 5 months of undergoing the surgery.  If you have symmastia, it is a challenging to correct but fixable.  Depending on how the initial implants are placed, implants can be positioned in different plane or sutures can be placed medially.  you and your plastic surgeon need to have a discussion and be on the same page.  If you feel that you and your plastic surgeon disagree, then it does not hurt to seek a second opinion.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast surgery revision

+1

I would suggest that you continue to communicate calmly and in a non-accusatory fashion with your plastic surgeon. If he/she suggests that no further surgery is necessary, keep an open mind because sometimes trying to make the situation better may end up causing you more problems (“The enemy of good is better").

If you are still in doubt, it won't hurt to seek another consultation but make sure you're working with a well experienced, ethical board-certified plastic surgeon.