Unhappy with Breast Lift with Implants?

Had breast lift with implants 5 weeks ago. Have wound separation bil and both breast have drooped. Got 550 cc mod silicone.PS says wait a few month and redo lift in office and perform scar revision? Should I go to OR for comfort (will cost more) and change moderate silicone with maybe 400 cc high profile implants- so less chance for more drooping. Just very dissappointed. No upper pole fullness at all. Just wanted nice cleavage in a bathing suit. Am 5'2 135 lbs.

Not Happy after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your complications after breast augmentation/lifting surgeon. As you know, this operation tends to be more problematic than either breast augmentation or breast lifting when either are done alone.

At this point, best to wait at least 6 months before contemplating additional surgery. Generally speaking, best to have the revisionary operation done in the operating room if you are contemplating exchange of breast implants. When the time is right, several months down the line, discuss your goals, when it comes to breast size and shape ( discuss concerns such as cleavage and superior pole volume), with your plastic surgeon.   He/she should be able to guide you as to what type, size, profile of breast implants will best achieve your goals with the revisionary breast surgery.  The attached link may be helpful to you as well.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Breast lift revision.

+1

Without photos it is impossible to give you a serious, accurate answer about what you should be doing for the future.  In general, however, when breast lifting is performed the size of implants often should be smaller than when a breast augmentation alone is performed, because the amount of skin on the breast is reduced.  The lift will need a sensible, suitably sized implant for the reduced breast pocket.  I might believe that the pocket was smaller than  the volume of the implant used.  This may have contributed to the wound breakdown on your breast lift incisions, but I don't know this for certain without seeing your pictures.

Follow the advice of your Plastic Surgeon.  As always, if you have any concerns, get a second opinion.  Revisional surgery  is best delayed until six months after the original surgery.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Breast lift / augmentation timing

+1

You are still very early in the post operative course and certainly need more time for the skin and breast to adapt to the implant.  When and if a revision is needed you should discuss with your plastic surgeon the best way to accomplish your goals.  Smaller skin revisions can be done under local anesthesia but a major overhaul would require general anesthesia.  

Five Weeks Post Op Breast Lift and Implants

+1

It's much too soon to tell what your final results will be. If you still want more feedback you'll need to post pictures. There is no way to give recommendations without seeing what you're concerned with.

Waiting a Little Longer May be Helpful.

+1

Five weeks is a relatively short amount of time to determine the final results of a breast augmentation with lift surgery.  Also, it would be helpful to have more information to properly answer this question.  Wound separation may occur from breast augmentation with lift alone, but sometimes there are other factors that may contribute to wound separation including pre-existing co-morbids such as smoking and diabetes, which may or may not be relative to your case.  Also, other considerations such as implant placement (submuscular or subglandular), implant size, suture types and placement, dressing and post-op appointment frequency could also attribute to the separation.  To address the expressed concerns about the implants size, changing to a smaller size may decrease the chance of re-occuring wound separation some and a high profile implant's shape is designed to create more upper pole fullness if in the proper position.  Deciding on going to the OR or for the revision is a personal choice, but statistics show that the incident of exposure to infection is less in a sterile operating room over an exam room and the presence of a qualified anesthesiologist should increase your comfort and safety.  

Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Breast Lift with Implants

+1

Photos would make it possible to give a more specific answer to your questions. 

If you have an implant change, go to the OR. If the redo surgery is more than a simple scar revision, same recommendation. 

Please consider reposting with photos-now and from before your surgery. All the best. 

Most revisional surgery of significance is best done in the operating room.

+1

It sounds like you have quite a bit going on. If a significant revision of the mastopexy is needed I would personally favor a visit to the operating room.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Breast lift and implants

+1

If you need a revision I think it would be best to do it in an operating room under controlled settings.