I Am Unhappy with my Appearance and Am Looking to Achieve a More Classical Beauty. What Procedures Could Help Me Get There?

I am considering a rhinoplasty. I'm not sure what else I should do. I don't believe I am ugly, but I want to improve where I can. Two areas of concern are my nose and my eyes. I chose several pictures where I am particularly unhappy with my appearance and one in which I feel I look more attractive (in the northwestern sweatshirt). All advice is appreciated.

Changing the face

Seek several consultations.

The only suggestion I could make is perhaps a closed rhinoplasty to narrow the nose and lift and refine the tip.

Other than that there is no change that I would recommend.

Wishing you the best,

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Champaign Plastic Surgeon

1405 W Park Street
Urbana, IL 61801

In my opinion, the goal of having facial plastic surgery is to refine and enhance your appearance without making it seem like you've had something done.  The nose should be attractive from different angles.  I think that is why you feel less attractive in some of the photos you've posted.  I would recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified specialist in the face who can best help you achieve your results.  It is critical to find someone who can understand what it is you are looking to achieve and can help you achieve those goals.

Kimberly Lee, MD

416 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Facial balance procedures.

A rhinoplasty and browlift would give you what I think you would like. I would have to talk with you about your goals and show you what  each would do. You should not have your upper lids done since the browlift will "let you have your cake and eat it too"!

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Wow, this is a slippery slope you have embarked on.

Please be careful what you wish for.  You like the photo in the Northwestern sweatshirt because the curly locks compliment your face.  Also I get the impression that you weigh a little less in this photo compared to the others.  Is that true?  I think you will be very unhappy with standard upper blepharoplasty.  It will rob your upper eyelids of the natural fullness.  So please do not buy something you don't need just because it is on sale.  You might benefit from microdroplet BOTOX ( a method of creating a forehead lift effect from BOTOX) or an actually endoscopic forehead lift.  Will rhinoplasty help you?  One of my concerns for you is how ill define your cosmetic concerns are.

I think I would encourage you to start simple.  Get your hair styled to match the photo that you like.  Bump up your work out and modify your diet to loose 5 pounds.  This will make a difference in your over all appearance.  I would also recommend asking yourself if you might be mildly clinically depressed which might cause you to be more critical of your appearance than normal.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

There is no question tha a rhinoplasty would help you. However, your pictures do not show your  eyes well. If your surgein feels tha a blepheroplasty would help then do them both at the same time. Doing that should save you time and money

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

3711 Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505