Unhappy After Surgery on Both Breasts, One Reduction and One Implant

2 wks ago i had surgery to fix my breasts. one breast was considerably larger than the other. i used to hav to pad out a bra wit 4 "chicken fillets". due to my problem. i never got sized for a bra so cant say what size they were b4 the operation. however since the operation i feel like its just reversed the problem and the breast that was larger b4 the op is now the smaller breast and vice versa. my surgeon has said that my reduction breast will drop in a few wks time. Is that true?

Uneven breasts After Surgery

+1

You are too early in the recovery process to see your final results.  Allow your body to heal and things to settle before deciding that you need revisionary surgery.

I usually ask patients to give things AT LEAST 4-6 months because things do change quite a bit.

Be patient.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Early post-op breast surgery

+1

Being just two weeks out after a breast surgery and having different operations performed on each breast increases the variability. Give it some time to heal.

Breast reduction for asymmetry

+1

It is quite common to overcorrect when performing breast asymmetry surgery. Clearly your higher breast will, in all likelihood, drop in  time. Try to be patient for at least an additional 4 months.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-reduction/

Breast Augmentation and Breast Reduction

+1

Breasts take time to settle and reach their final size and shape.  These judgements can not be made accurately 2 weeks after surgery.  Follow your surgeon's postoperative recommendations and wait at least 3 months after the surgery to start making judgements about the results of the operation. REMEMBER, that no 2 breast are exactly the same even naturally.  Pictures would be very helpful.

Good Luck

Dr. ES 

Wait to see the results

+1

angel1107,

2 weeks is too early to see final results of any surgery.

It is difficult to answer your question without seeing pictures but it is normal to for the results of the surgery to take some time to finalize.  I generally tell my patients to wait for 3 months to see the real final results of any surgery.  However, if your asymmetry is very big, then no amount of waiting is going to address that.  Pictures would be helpful.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.