Unhappy After Revision Rhinoplasty. No Results. Why? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty on June 19th (primary was last July) with my previous surgeon. The goal for the revision was to narrow my nose more, narrow nostrils, improve tip asymmetry (using septal cartilage graft), and to make my nostrils more symmetric (since the left nostril was more indented than the right) also using septal graft. Now, nearly 2 weeks later, my nose looks worse and I see no changes from the grafts. What could be the reason? I won't see him for 2 weeks. Stressed.

Unhappy after revision rhinoplasty

+1

You have reason to be unhappy: your nostril narrowing procedure was performed incorrectly as evidenced by the orientation of the scars at the nasal sill.  These scars should be oriented much more obliquely to provide a smooth transition from nostril edge to nostril floor. 

This can be fixed but it requires a certain amount of expertise.  I would suggest a surgeon Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, one who has a significant experience with tertiary rhinoplasty.  Make sure to see a portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I can see why you would be less then happy. You have assymetry of the nostrils which appear to have been recently done by weir incisions. As far as the tip, swelling is still present and hopefully this will become more defined. It is early in the healing stage so see your surgeon and discuss your concerns and hopefully this will help put your mind at some ease. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Secondary rhinoplasty

+1

There is still swelling. However the nostrils are totally different from the weir resection. The tip is still slightly bulbus, ill defined tip.

Hello

+1
From the pictures it's hard to see a difference. Sorry your unhappy you should address your concerns with your surgeon. Give your body some time to heal.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS