Really Unhappy After Fat Transfer on my Face

I had a tummy tuck, a little bit of lipo in my inner and outer thighs and fat transfer in december 2009. I complained to my doc that he put too much fat into my face/cheeks. He told me to loose 10 lbs. Everyone tells me that even though I have lost weight, my face still looks fat.

Fat transfer to the face

+1

Typically 30 percent or less of the fat stays after fat transfer to the face. This is a commonly quoted number in many texts as well as what I have noted in practice. I would expect some of the volume correction to change over the first year and would reevaluate your face at that time. You would potentially be a candidate for several other procedures/devices to reduce the volume.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the face

+1

fat transfer to the face will not change significantly with slight weight loss and weight gain.

Consult anothe BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON, may be you are a candidate for liposuction to the face. This needs   expertise

Excess Fat in Face Following Fat Transfer

+1

Hi,

Hopefully over time (the next 6 months) you will lose some of the fat volume that was transferred to your face.  If it continues to trouble you, either microliposuction or radiofrequency non-invasive technologies such as Accent XL, Thermage, or Pelleve` may be helpful.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD