Breast Augmentation Because of Tuberous Breasts, But Unhappy With the Results. They Still Look Tuberous?

I just got 350cc implants under the muscle, before breast augmentation I had slightly tuberous breast. I am 2 weeks after surgery and feel like my breast are still a tubular shape and my nipples are low and my areola is slightly bigger on the right side. Will my breast implants drop and fill the bottom or would I need to get a lift and maybe bigger implants? Thank you for your feedback I'm just very stressed and feel like my breast are nothing like I thought they would be.

Your shape will change for months....

+2

The shape of your breasts will change for months after your surgery.  The question as to whether or not you will need a lift is something you should discuss with your surgeon.  Without knowing what you looked like before it is impossible for any of the surgeons on this site to do anything except guess about your result.  Some breasts respond very well to implants alone and sometimes a lift is needed to change shape.  I wish I could be more help.

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast surgery results

+1

Hello Anapreet, thank you for your question.  Correction of tuberous breasts requires significantly more surgery than a standard breast augmentation. Because of this, it usually takes longer to heal. Since your surgery was only 2 weeks ago, it is WAY too early to make any decisions about your result. You will not have your final result for at least several months.  I know it's easier said than done, but try to be patient and let your body heal.

I strongly suggest you keep all of your appointments with your board certified plastic surgeon and follow his/her suggestions. I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts and breast augmentation

+1

You are too early in your post operative course to make a decision on the final breasts results. Generally, I tell my patients that it takes up to 6 months for the breasts to 'find their home'. That means that they will settle, soften and become more natural appearing up until about 6 months after surgery. If, at that time, you feel as if your tuberous breast deformity has not been corrected fully, then a decision between you and your surgeon  will be made on what additionally can be done to help you reach your goals. 

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of tuberous breast

+1

Tuberous breast are challenging cases but significant improvements are possible with happy patients. It is very early in your recovery process to be so concerned. You need to give it time before you can make a final decision about the results. The use of a peri-areolar mastopexy and breast implants with radial scoring of the breast tissue is the common method in treating tuberous breast. If you are still unhappy at 6 months out of surgery revision maybe discussed with your surgeon.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Too early to tell!

+1

Two weeks is way too early to judge anything...follow your doctor's instructions and hopefully the implants will settle into their desired position.  If further corrective surgery is necessary to make your tubular breasts more attractive and symmetric there are several different techniques to achieve this... larger implants by themselves will probably not help.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Tuberous breasts

+1

Tuberous breasts can be very difficult to treat, however being that you are only two weeks out from surgery, you have to give it time.

Tuberous breasts are tough

+1

The tuberous breast is one of the toughest starting points in cosmetic breast surgery.  Usually a periareolar lift is needed along with implants and it sounds like you only had the implant part done leaving the nipples low.  Also, as with any breast augmentation you are always going to be able to see the starting shape in the result.  Give it time and work with your surgeon to the best outcome.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tuberous Breast Augmentation post-op course

+1

Tuberous Breasts are difficult to operate on and you should be prepared to have changes in your breasts for up to a year and final results may take longer. Two weeks post-op on any procedure is WAY to early to complain and swelling is just starting to reverse. I tell patients that have tuberous breast and undergo an augmentation that they will not even begin to be happy for at least 3 months. Allow your body to heal and be patient! There are various techniques to repair/correct tuberous breast and the one thing they all have in common is that it takes time.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Does a tuberous breast need a lift and an implant?

+1

Typically it takes your breast implants 3-6 months to settle into their final position.  I would wait at least this long to assess your final shape.  If your nipples appear too low at that time you may want to consider a lift.  A pre op photo would help me to provide you with a better answer.  

Scott Chapin, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast deformity correction

+1
It takes months for the breasts to settle so, at this point, it would be premature to stress out and rush to any conclusions. The shape will change over time so, right now, you are a work in progress.

Robert L. Kraft, MD