Unhappy with 2nd Breast Surgery and Really Need Expert Advice?

I am now 35 years old and I had saline implants done about 10yrs ago. About 5yrs later I was unhappy with how big they were and they were actually causing me discomfort (which they still do). So I decided to have them removed, and get a lift. When I awoke from the surgery I was very very upset to find my implants were still in! He had done the lift but he said when he took the implants out my breasts didn't look right and he HAD to put them back in. What should I do? I still want them out!!

Surgeon left in her implants

+1

Sorry for your predicament. No one but you and your surgeon know what was discussed before surgery, but it seems apparent that there was inadequate communication.

There is no reason that your implants cannot still be removed. I would suggest starting with a discussion with your surgeon, and if your fail to reach a satisfactory plan, a consultation with another surgeon may be your best bet. Thanks for your question, and best wishes.

Breast Implant Removal Concerns…

+1

At this point, I think you will be best of seeking in-person consultation with a few experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. During the consultation, communicate your goals clearly. This communication process will allow you and your plastic surgeon to determine the best course of action. Certainly, removal breast implants is possible;  whether this ( as opposed to downsizing of breast implants) is your best option will be determined during this consultation process.  Ultimately, it will be a very personal decision that only you can make.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after removal or downsizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.

Hello

+1

Your situation sounds really odd. I don’t understand, you wanted your implants out and the surgeon decided not to remove them, because it would have looked weird???? That is something to really look into. You need to talk to your surgeon and ask him why he made that decision without talking to you first? There is nothing we can say on here that can really help address your concern.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Removing unwanted saline implants is simple and does not require general anesthesia.

+1

Your story sounds peculiar.  Occasionally patients want large implants exchanged for smaller ones.  A concurrent mastopexy makes a good result (even if no implant is used) almost a guarantee.  After your implants are removed, your previous mastopexy might need some adjustment.

Breast implant removal

+1

Thank you for the question. You can still get the implants removed.  The procedure can be done under local anesthesia or general anesthesia. You have to see, however, photos of patients who had the implants removed.  This will give you an idea of  the shape after explanation.  Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD