Unevenly Sized Natural Breasts - Solution Without Implants?

I am in my twenties, and have natural breasts that are about a size 'C'. However, one of my breasts is noticeably smaller than the other, by nearly a cup size. Otherwise, I have no complaints about my breasts, and I definitely do not want implants. Is there another procedure which could help to correct the size difference? Could one breast be reduced by such a small amount? Or should I wait until later in life when I might be considering a breast lift to address this?

Correcting breast asymmetry without implants.

+2

I have had some early experience with correcting breast asymmetry without implants by using fat graft injections to augment the smaller breast. In treating the larger breast, I have injected both to achieve a simultaneous but different enlargement or I have performed liposuction on the larger breast to reduce it. Quite often this may take more than one surgery to have the breasts more closely approximate each other.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Achieving breast symmetry without implants with asymmetric breasts

+2

It is entirely possible to reduce the larger breast, either by liposuction techniques, or, of there is a difference in the nipple-areolar height, by a breast reduction on the larger side.

A breast lift can potentially interfere with later breast feeding, although in the vast majority of cases it does not.

A breast reduced by liposuction alone will not give quite the result that a formally reduced breast will:  the skin still "remembers" when it had a greater volume, so changes over time such as drooping can occur more in the liposuctioned breast.

There is also the last option, and that is do nothing, if these options are not appealing.

Web reference: http://www.drbrent.com/breastliftprocedure.php

Correcting breast asymmetry

+2

It may well be best to wait until after having kids to correct this otherwise you might need to do a repeat surgery of some kind.  On the other hand, a one-sided lift/reduction or maybe even liposuction could be considered to try to improve the problem.  The difficulty is that you will then have asymmetrical scars with only one side having scars.  Is that new asymmetry better than the old one?  Only you can answer that.

Breast asymmetry

+2

With out seeing you and just going by your description I would recommend doing procedures of very little scarring that could help balance the size differences.  Liposuction and fat grafting are the two techniques I would employ to help you.  The most obvious is to do some fat removal from the large breast with liposuction and use the fat to enlarge the smaller breast with fat grafting.  There would be very little scarring and the recovery would be easy.  Each of these techniques has their respective risks and needs to be discussed.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry can be corrected without implants.

+2

Hi.

A vertical breast reduction of your larger breast alone should markedly improve the symmetry of your breasts without implants.

Fixing breast asymmetry

+2

If you want to make the smaller one larger fat grafting could be employed to take fat from another area of the body. Not all surgeons do this and not all malpractice insurance coverage will cover it. Mine does not so I do not do that procedure. The second option is to make the larger one smaller. If the size differential is not too great this is best done by liposuction to minimize skin scarring. The third option is a little bit of both i.e. fat graft to the smaller and liposuction from the larger in which case the grafted fat could come from the larger breast.

Breast reduction as a choice for asymmetry

+2

Even if the reduction is a small amount, it is a good choice to even asymmetric breasts, especially if an implant is out of the running. If the reduction is small enough it may be possible to reduce the larger breast through an incision on the lower edge of the nipple and remove only the deeper tissue on the base of the breast. A scar can be avoided and if young the skin can contract. A larger reduction may require a larger scar. Your concerns should not focus on the later lift, as few women will actually need one. Instead focus on how much the asymmetry impacts life, and whether you could live with a breast scar, or a possible impact on future breast feeding.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Options for breast asymmetry without implants

+2

If you like the smaller breast, then a reduction of the larger one is the way to go. This typically involves some version of a lift as well since the skin envelope of the breast needs to be reduced too. If you really like the larger one, then an implant on the small side is the simplest solution, though a series of fat grafts might be worth considering. You would really need to see a plastic surgeon who can examine you and discuss which options are most appropriate for you.

Breast Asymmetry can be corrected with breast reduction

+2

Differences in breast volume one side to the other can most definitely be corrected with reduction of the larger breast.  Recognize that the goal of this procedure is to make both breasts the size of the smaller breast.  If this sizing is to your liking, reduction of the larger side may absolutely be the way to go.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts can be addressed with one side reduction

+2

If you do not want to make the smaller breast larger, then you certainly can make the larger breast smaller.  How that would be done depends on the size and shape of your breasts.  Most likely a reduction and mild lift of the larger side would help create better symmetry.  

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.