Uneven Tip After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, I had setpo/rhinoplasty almost 2 months ago to correct a dorsal hump and deviated septum. The left side of my nose is so uneven compared to the other. My surgeon injected it with the smallest amount of steroid possible about 2.5 weeks ago and it did nothing. I know swelling takes at least 12 months to go away. Could this be just swelling? Or extra cartilage that was left over?

The Nasal Tip in Septorhinoplasty

+2

Your photos do not show your entire nose but they do show a significant nasal tip and nostril asymmetry. Only preop photos would define the extent of your aesthetic problem that could have led to your tip asymmetry. It is early postop and since you describe the problem as isolated to the left side of your nose it very may improve over time . Give it at least 6 months and maybe even a year before deciding on further surgery.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Tip After Rhinoplasty?

+1

This asymmetry may be due to asymmetric swelling but this would be hard to say for sure.  I would wait the full year and then decide if you need a revision.  If you do need a revision, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Uneven Tip After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Without IN PERSON examination and ability to "touch" the tip, very hard to address the issue. My guess is extra cartilage. Please STOP the steroid injections!!! Can cause more issues. 

Uneven tip after Rhinoplasty

+1
You seem to have a thick nasal skin and this will prolong healing process and steroid injections. Right now, the best course of action it to wait and also follow up with your surgeon regularly.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months after rhinoplasty and uneven

+1

Most likely you have a lot of swelling in the tip that needs to settle down at this point. I would not do anything more at this point except wait it out.

Uneven nasal tip at 2 months pot op

+1

At this point I would wait it out.  It is entirely possible that this irregularity will go away on its own.  At the one year point if it is still there then you may need a revision.