Uneven Tip 13 Days After Surgery? (photo)

I'm 13 days post op and there's a little bump on the right side of my nose tip and it makes it looks uneven, its soft so could it be just swelling if so, when will it go away? Thank You!

Slight Asymmetry After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. After only thirteen days it is common to experience slight asymmetry due to swelling. In almost all cases the swelling will subside. Do not worry about your final results; it will take up to nine months for the majority of the swelling to subside and up to a year to see full results.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

A Soft Nasal Bump 13 Days After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Charlie,

At 2 weeks post-op, asymmetrical swelling is not uncommon and what you are exhibiting falls into that category.

It is for your best to be patient and to follow your surgeon's instructions to secure the best possible results after you reach full recovery.

Usually, you will have a pretty good idea of how your permanent nasal look will be at about 6-7 months post-op and the final results will get established at about 12 months post-op usually.

Protecting your nose from accidental traumas is essential.

I hope this helps and congratulations on your surgery.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

It could b normal at this point in recovery process

+1

It has been only 13 days since you had your procedure done. At this time you cannot possibly see the final results. Uneven sides are usually the result of swelling. All the swelling should resume within several weeks, but occasional swelling, nose stuffiness can happen from time to time. You will notice changes in your nose size and shape.   It takes up to one year for the full recovery from the rhinoplasty procedure.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Uneven Tip 13 Days After Surgery? (photo) #nosesurgery

+1

Thank you for your question. It is hard to really evaluate your picture. I seem to say this time and time again on this website with regards to Rhinoplasty surgery. You can expect that it will take up to one year for all of the swelling to go away. Being that said in the first 2-3 months most of the swelling will go down. The area you are referring to is the supratip area. Usually that area will go down. Since you are 13 days post op you likely had your splint removed after a week. The splint will apply compression and your nose looks great right after it is removed. Then it swells tremendously and people get a little scared. One think you may want to ask your surgeon is to teach you how to tape the supratip area to encourage and elegant slope there. This will then give your tip the more turned up appearance that you are looking for. I am pretty sure your swelling will go down and you will then be happier but you just have to give this time. You are so early in this process.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Dear Charlie,

I see your concerns in your photograph however thirteen days post surgery is to soon to be concerned about the asymmetry. You should see the majority of your swelling dissipate in the first three months about 70% and the final 30% takes an entire year. See your surgeon for frequent follow up appointments this will help you have some peace of mind during this recovery period.  In the interim discuss your concerns with your surgeon so he/she may help set your mind at ease. Time is on your side and be patient. Best regards! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD