Are my eyelids uneven because of the swelling? (Photo)

I just got my eyelids done 11 days ago to get double eyelids, and I think the cut is the same, but then when the doctor stitched up my eyelids , I think he accidently stitched up too much skin on one side and now it's uneven, so while it's healing it was getting healed unevenly. So now my stitches are off and it looks uneven! do you guys know if it will go back to being even?

Eyelid?

+1
Boy soooo early in healing and you look very good in the posted photos... Best to discuss with your surgeon... 

Healing from double eyelid surgery

+1
  • You have a very nice result, judging from both sets of photos.
  • One side always swells more,
  • Give your surgery time to settle,
  • I expect you'll be very pleased. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Uneven eyelids?

+1
2 weeks is too early to be scrutinising the results of your double eyelid surgery. There is still a lot of settling down for the tissues to undergo before you can be certain of the final result. Your photo taken right after surgery shows good symmetry, so I expect the differences you see in your 11 day photo is due to differences in swelling. Just try not to worry too much at this stage - I think it will all be fine in the end. 

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid swelling

+1
You are only 11 days post op and you look great for only 11 days.  It is far too early to start looking at your results critically as there is still swelling that needs to subside and scar tissue that needs to mature.  You need to wait at least 6 months to see your final results.  I know it difficult to be patient, but it is a virtue in this case. 

Luis H. Macias, MD

Rhinoplasty and double fold surgery is really a big combination of surgeries.

+1
You are very swollen in the eyelid platforms.  I do not agree with our concerns that things look uneven.  Rather, give where you are in the healing cycle, I am impressed by how good you look.  As the swelling settles down, the difference should get smaller.  Patients is what is needed here.