I Have Uneven Teeth and a Slight Overbite. What Are my Options?

I know braces are probably a must but I was wondering if it is possible I get the ones that are not visible? I don't want people to see I am wearing braces. I have considered veneers. However, I feel that since my teeth are healthy, I don't want to destroy them. Please review my photo and let me know my options and how long the process will take. Thank you!

Aligning front teeth with a slight overbite

+1

Invisalign usually works well to align front teeth.  From looking at your photo I get the impression that you will notice your front teeth flaring outward and your overbite getting more pronounced if you just straighten the front teeth.  Braces would provide a more comprehensive ability to obtain ideal esthetics while improving your bite instead of making it worse.  There are tooth colored braces that are not very visible.  Your best approach will be to have a consultation with an orthodontist who is experienced at both Invisalign and braces.  That way you'll get all the information you need to make the right choice to meet your goals.

Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign should work for you

+1

Based on what I see in your photo, I would say that Invisalign should work to align your front teeth.  You may have to have your teeth contoured (re-shaped by your dentist) so that they will line up in the best possible way, but aligners can move your teeth into position.

Other options for your treatment would include braces, direct resin bonding, and porcelain veneers.  Based on what you have said it seems that if everything looks right after a complete examination of your teeth and gums, then Invisalign would be your best option.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Difficult to Tell

+1

If you are only interested in aligning your crowded anterior teeth then I would say that clear aligner therapy would work for you.  If there are more other bite issues that need attention (and I cannot tell that from the photo you published) then aligner therapy may not be as predictable as converntional ortho.  My best recommendation would be to visit some local orthodontists and get their opinions before making your final decision.

By the way, an anterior case such as yours takes approximately 9 months of aligner therapy to complete.

Best of Luck to you!

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist