Uneven Swelling or Crooked Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 5 months ago to fix a hump on the bridge of my nose. my surgeon also wanted to fix my deviated septum and make my tip smaller. Months later and I am still quite swollen. I never noticed by deviated septum before but it is now very obvious. Is this crookedness due to swelling or is it permanent? is it normal to still be swollen at 5 months? I don't mind some asymmetry (no one is perfect!), but I would like it to be less prominent then it is now!

Uneven Swelling or Crooked Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

I can appreciate your concerns.  The dorsum swelling has usually resolved by 6 months.  The tip can take up to a year.  A physical exam would help determine the extent of swelling remaining and the possible need for revision.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php