Uneven Swelling on Both Sides and Incision Inflammation? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 20 days ago. Immediately after cast removal noticed visible difference in swelling on left side (deviated septum also corrected on this side). Also, have inflammation inside both nostrils which is white in colour. Surgeon advised via email correspondence (including photos) that the incision points are inflamed. How long should this take to resolve? Can also feel a raised "bump" on the outside of my nose directly above the inflammation point - can this alter results?

Uneven Swelling on Both Sides and Incision Inflammation?

+2

At 20 days, there will be swelling and asymmetry, and the final results will not be apparent for 6 months to one year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty at 20 days

+2

At 20 days out from surgery your nose is still very swollen and you have to give it time to heal for a reasonable amount of time.

Needs more time

+2

Hello. At twenty days you are still far from your final results and I would advise you to be patient. Rhinoplasty patients will not see the true outcome of their surgery until roughly one year after the initial operation. Any unsatisfactory results can be attributed to swelling at this point.

Jaime Perez, M.D.
Rhinoplasty specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Too early for the results

+2

You just had surgery and can not judge the final results. Your before pictures and more post op views after 3 months can be helpful. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetries of the nose due to swelling are common 20 days after a rhinoplasty.

+2

20 days after rhinoplasty there is significant swelling. Often times is asymmetric. Keep in touch with your plastic surgeon and don't be critical of the appearance at this juncture.