Uneven Swelling After 4 Weeks? (photo)

I had a closed rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago to make my nose thinner, both at the tip and the bridge and also removed a small bump. Quiet a lot of work said the surgeon. He also moved my nostrils since i had pretty long ones before. As you see in the picture the tip is uneven and also the bridge? Is this swelling or do you think I need another surgery? I did have a heavy bleed on the left side of my nose a day after surgery and the surgeon said i was very swollen 2 weeks ago, will this even out?

Uneven Swelling Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is just to soon to evaluate your post operative results four weeks post closed rhinoplasty. It is common for some patients to have swelling that is asymmetric in nature and you will need to wait patiently through this recovery process. See your surgeon on a regular basis so you may ask him/her any questions or concerns you have. This will help a smooth recovery and put your mind at ease. Best regards!

Uneven after 4 weeks

+1

Four weeks after surgery is not enough time for full nasal healing after closed rhinoplasty.  See your surgeon to determine if they is anything you can do to help assist in your overall healing.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Realbambi,

At a month post-op, it is too early to assess the final results of your rhinoplasty so it is not possible to make a reasonable decision whether a correction surgery is needed or not.

As for the asymmetrical swelling, it is normal that some nasal parts show a different recovery pace then others hence an asymmetrical look.

I encourage you to be a little more patient and make sure that you do not put your self at risk of a nasal trauma.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS