Uneven Stomach with Dents and Deformities After Lipo?

I had lipo of my lower abdomen done in April of 2011. I wore a compression garment for a couple of months after the surgery. When I went for a checkup with my doctor he said that everything was fine and that it would all smooth out. He advised that I continue to wear the compression garment. I did so but nothing improved. It has now been 2 and a half years since the surgery and my stomach looks the same (a mess). I am apprehensive to contact the doctor as I am not sure how he will respond.

+1

I will tell you that a surgery can be executed perfectly, and healing can be less than perfect due to any number of factors.  I do not think that it would hurt to contact your surgeon.   Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and fat grafting procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Uneven bumps following liposuction of the abdomen!

+1

Very fine irregularties on the surface of the abdomen will smoothen out in time and massageYou must wear your pressure garment diligently.But,if there is marked irregulaties and large bumps,you should go back to your operating surgeon.

I see your pre and post op results.There are quite a bit of improvement but it may not be to your satisfaction.We are seeing the post-op pictures 2 1/2 years later.If you have not gained any weight your best course is to repeat the procedure.I believe as it is now,your lipodystrophy can be improved significantly improved.Which surgeon you use is you decision.Make sure you select a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Suman K. Das, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon