Uneven Nostrils? (photo)

Hello, I have just had a tertiary rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago, and my nostrils look uneven. IN my tertiary rhinoplasty (7 weeks ago),all my issues are fixed, the only problem is my uneven nostrils. One is longer and wider than the other... Would you suggest I get this fixed, or should I just be happier with my current nose. The nostril I am referring to is the one with the arrow. Should i have 1 final procedure to fix this uneven nostril. ?

Revision Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

Dear seanarcher,

• You will likely need another procedure, a small one, to fix that
  • You need to wait for most of the swelling to go down before undergoing that procedure
  • An ear cartilage and skin graft (composite) is what you will probably need

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Asymmetrical Nostrils Following Tertiary Rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend you consider a possible touch-up procedure to try and create more nostril symmetry. Of course, this has to be timed accordingly once proper healing time has passed since the last surgery. In my opinion, the risk:benefit profile is in your favor when it comes to doing more surgery. Happy healing.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redo Nose Job-fixing uneven nostrils

+1

The size and shape of the nostrils could never be made identical. Obviously, your nostrils are very different and this can be improved with alar rim cartilage graft. 

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS