Uneven Nostrils 6 Months After Rhinoplasty?

Hi there, about six months ago I had rhinoplasty done and recently I have noticed my nose leans off center, the the left side if the tip of my nose is very hard and the right side soft and also my nostrils are different sizes. I have seen my surgeon twice and he has put injections on the softer side but my concern is the tip and why one side is so pronouced.. is there normal at the six months stage?? thank you

Rhinoplasty Recovery Takes Time

+2

Rhinoplasty recovery takes time to recover and for all of the swelling to completely dissipate. I presume if your surgeon has given you injections then you have had some difficulties with your recovery. Typically at six months post rhinoplasty your nostrils should be even and probably will not correct at this point. The tip of the nose will have swelling for an entire year and this slowly dissipates sometimes having asymmetry present during the process. I would see your surgeon often for post operative follow ups to make sure your concerns are addressed. I would possibly see another surgeon for second opinion before progressing with any further injections to your nose. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Nostril asymmetry

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Sam Naficy, MD

Nose is leaning six months after rhinoplasty

+1
Though it take six to twelve months for the nose to fully soften, if after six months the nose is leaning and the nostril is uneven your surgeon is probably concerned, and this is also evident by the steroid injections to help things along. See your surgeon and ask how he expects things to sort out.