Uneven Nostrils. What Are My Options? (photo)

My right nostril is a very different shape to my left nostril. They have been like this for as long as I can remember. Would it be possible to get surgery so they both look like the left side?

Options for uneven nostrils

+1

The nostrils are very difficult to make symmetrical.  The lower lateral cartilages are asymmetrical and that is what is causing this issue.  Exploration of the nasal tip with suturing techniques will help to make the tip more symmetrical.  An onlay graft with the patient’s own cartilage and possibley a spreader graft will help to improve the symmetry of the nose.  This will probably help with nostril asymmetry but not completely.

Uneven

+1

Nostrils are brothers, not twins.  However, there are rhinoplastic procedures that can help even the asymmetry.  

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Nostrils

+1

When did you have alar base narrowing? When the swelling resolves a revision is possible. Talk to your surgeon about your dissatisfaction.