Uneven Nostrils Post Rhinoplasty?

Hi I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty performed about 6 days ago. I was given strict orders to only clean the outside of my nose and not the inside so I wouldnt interfere with the splints. For some reason only my left nostril has filled with congealed blood and not my right nostril. THis has resulted in my nostrils looking very uneven in the mirror. I was just wondering if this will correct when I go to get my splints out, and my nose is cleaned? I really hope so, because I cannot get a revision done :(

Rhinoplasty recovery 1 week

+1

Dear sapphire1,

• The dried blood can act to hold the nostril open temporarily as it is healing
  • Once it is removed by your surgeon (usually at the week mark), it should start improving
  • You will swell asymmetrically as time goes on, it will all improve
  • Bring up any concerns to your plastic surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nostril Asymmetry Following Rhinoplasty

+1

It is really hard to tell at this point without photos and a close examination. I can say, though, that many patients will see early asymmetry of the nostrils that corrects itself as healing is ongoing. Sometimes this is due to what you describe - unwanted scabbing and blood accumulation along the nostril rim. Cross your fingers. Happy healing. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon