Uneven Nostrils and Nostril Indentation After Rhinoplasty

It's been 1 week since my rhinoplasty and septoplasty and my uneven nostrils have been driving me crazy. I had a wide bridge reduced and then my doctor the my doctor brought out my columella ever so slightly because he didn't want to shorten my nose. Can you tell if this is swelling that's waiting to go down and even itself out or will it remain as uneven as it looks.

Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is too soon after your surgery and the swelling needs to go down before you can make any determination about the results--6-12 months. 

Your uneven nostrils and indentation above your left nostril may just be swelling 1 week following Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

The asymmtrical appearance of your nostrils is slight, and should not be problematic. The indentation above your left nostril (supra-alar crease) is likely more noticeable to you since your tip on the right may be slightly more swollen. Your nose looks good 1 week after nose job surgery. If you still see asymmetry in 6-8 weeks, this may be addressed with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure in the office. I prefer Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course in Boston at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nonsurgicalrhinoplasty.net/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Irregularity (indentation, lumps or bumps) of nose following rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

I can barely detect the asymmetry on the photo you have enclosed. Although you could consider revision, the outcome could be worse and I would not advise it. It is also possible that this early after surgery, your stitches or scars may be responsible for minor irregularity and it will improve with time ((6 months)

Web reference: http://bodysculptor.com/non-surgical-nose-job.html