Can my Uneven Nostrils Be Fixed? They Look So Bad in Photos and Videos

I have some pretty bad uneven nostrils and i want to know if this can be fixed and if its expensive.

Uneven nostrils can be fixed

+1

The entire face forms during development from two separate halves. The nose therefore receives one nostril from one side and one from the other. The end result is generally some degree of assymetry from side to side. The nostril assymetry can be softened with surgery.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nostrils

+1

Yes the problem can be improved even if not made perfect. Most serious nostril assymetries need to be corrected with a combination of cartilage grafts ( usually for the ear ) and subtle skin repositioning. It can be a tricky proposition to correct these assymetries as there are a lot of curves involved and structural elements. However if a surgeon has experience he may be able to get you a worthwhile result

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting nostril asymmetry

+1

It appears from your pictures that you have some nostril and tip asymmetry which can be addressed by an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon. While it is impossible to achieve perfect symmetry, improvement can be expected. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Asymmetry

+1

Yes, you do have nostril and tip asymmetry which can be improved. Although perfect symmetry is very rarely achieved, I encourage you to consult with rhinoplasty surgeons to discuss alternatives and establish expectations. Costs will vary, depending on your location and the surgeon selected. 

Nostril asymmetry

+1

Nostril asymmetry is common. They can be adjusted a bit if they are significantly different but will never be exactly the same.

+1

YES! even under local anesthesia this can be done. Seek in person opinions from 3 boarded surgeons in your area of Texas. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Repair of Uneven Nostrils

+1

Hi Tex,

Your nostril can be improved, they may not be perfectly symmetrical.  Expensive is a relative term, but yes, the fee for the surgery is costly unless you choose to go to a university teaching center where you may be treated at minimal cost.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD