Uneven Nostrils and Collapse After Rhinoplasty

It's been a month after Rhinoplasty, but my left side of nose looks like it sinks.Also my left nostril is smaller than right one. Is it beacuse of uneven swelling or something serious? It has been a month after surgery but still I have dark circles under my eyes. My eyes seem totally different because of this dark circles. I have read that it can be permanent. Is there such a possibility? Thanks.

Rhinoplasty Irregularities

+4

Carol, I can understand that you have concerns, and are worried about how long it will take to see your desired results. It's hard to tell much from the photo you've enclosed, but what's important to remember is that you are only one month out from surgery. The nose takes quite a long time to resolve its swelling, and our time frame for looking critically at the result is really 6-9 months. Remember that the human eye is exquisitely discriminating of even millimeters of change or difference in the central third of the face, so what is really a relatively small amount of swelling looks like more than it is usually. The dark circles should resolve, and the asymmetric swelling that you see should improve as well. Just give it time. And stay in touch with your surgeon, whom you chose for a reason.

Uneven nostrils and dark eyes after rhinoplasty.

+2

It is too soon to say about the uneven nostrils--it takes 6-12 months to see the final result. In 35 years of thousands of rhinoplasties I have never seen permanent dark circles.

Uneven Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your picture does show nasal asymmetry, but the appearance of your nose will change dramatically over the next 9-12 months. I've never seen a patient that had permanent dark circles caused by rhinoplasty.