Very uneven nostrils and upturned pig nose: is this normal in recovery or sign of a bad surgery? (photo)

On October 22 I had rhinoplasty to make my nose smaller & less hooked. 6 days later I got my cast off & now at day 8 post-op, I hate my nose. Its short, thick & pig-like. I know it takes time for swelling to go down, but I think it looks awful & obvious I had surgery. Also, my nostrils are obviously uneven. The left is nice, but the right nostril almost looks reptilian. I'm not sure if this is normal & will go down with swelling, or whether this needs to be fixed with revision surgery. Help!

Very uneven nostrils and upturned pig nose: is this normal in recovery or sign of a bad surgery?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.