Uneven Nostrils After Rhinoplasty?

I am almost 2 months post-op from a Rhinoplasty and I noticed when I take a picture, my nostrils are uneven. One seems higher than the other as well as a different shape. Is this due to swelling or am I permanently going to have uneven nostrils?

Nostril asymmetry

+1

It is not uncommon to have some nostril asymmetry after rhinoplasty or even in general. That being said swelling can play a component even up to 6 months to one year after the procedure. I would discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Hi Cassie - I understand your concern about your nostrils appearing uneven after your recent rhinoplasty.  At two months this can still be due to swelling or scar tissue. It is hard to say without seeing your photos.  The final result for nasal surgery is typically 6 to 8 months.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns, being aware that minor irregularities are pretty typical at two months, so try to be patient for your final outcome.

Good luck to you, Cassie. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Dear Cassie,

It is hard to state without seeing any post operative photographs what your exact concerns are. However at two months post rhinoplasty recovery you still have some swelling that takes time to resolve itself. Most of the time after the splint is removed symmetry is restored to the nostrils. On occasions it may take a little bit more time in the recovery process. I would suggest seeing your surgeon for a post operative follow up appointment to discuss your concerns and he/she will be able to tell you where you are in the recovery phase. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com