Uneven Nostrils and Stiffness After Rhinoplasty

I had open rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago for a hump, projection,and to take away a small bone under my septum. I'm starting to notice my nostrils are uneven. Also, one is more stiff than the other. Is this something that will correct over time? Also, since rhinoplasty, I've been having some trouble breathing.

Uneven Nostrils

+2

Temporary swelling can cause this asymmetric appearance and also explain the firmness you describe. Be patient and wait another 6 months to see if this improves. Swelling rarely resolves at the same rate on both sides of the nose.. Ultimately, you'll probably be satisfied.

Nose, rhinoplasty healing

+1

It does take a long time for healing to occur and the swelling to go away. During this time you may feel and notice some of the concerns you are experiencing. I would look at your photos before surgery and probably your nostrils were different. Also, with an open rhinoplasty, it does take much longer for the swelling, esp of the tip to go down. Just be patient and it will heal in time.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty.

+1

The problems you mention will probably resolve over time. It is too soon to make any determination of  your nose due to different swelling on the two sides. Wait a minimum of 6-12 months and then decide after the swelling is gone.