Uneven Nostril Holes Following Rhinoplasty, What Can Be Done?

I had rhinoplasty 9 months ago and I have noticed that the nostril HOLES are uneven with my face! I know they were not this way before. Will a septoplasty help this? I also think the surgeon lined up the tip of the nose with my teeth, which have a crooked midline. The midline is about half a tooth widths off-center. My face is not symmetrical naturally, but I know the nostril holes were not lined up at an angle before. Also one nostril is smaller than the other, looking bulbous than the other.

Uneven Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your uneven nostrils can be improved with a revision procedure. Facial asymmetry is normal, so perfect symmetry should not be a goal. Your surgeon will explain reasonable expectations.

Uneven nostrils

+1

It is very difficult to assess the problem from your photos.  And based on your description, there are various reasons for the concerns that you describe.  Have you tried to discuss this with your surgeon?    If you had a good dialogue with your surgeon, he may have discussed your asymmetries that could play a role in your final outcome. In any case, if you are unhappy with your result, then you should have an open discussion with your surgeon or seek a second opinion.  I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Concern about asymmetries and other issues of nose post rhinoplasty

+1

Asymmetries are more the norm than one may expect. Given the number of issues that you have concerns with and without the benefits of photos and an examination, you should discuss these with your surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Asymmetry of nostrils after rhinoplasty.

+1

Asymmetry of nostrils after rhinoplasty can be corrected with a minor revision surgery. This may not be perfect depending on the cause.

Uneven nostril holes

+1

A revision surgery would be required to create symmetrical nostrils.  This would probably be a minimal surgery at a minimal cost.

David Alessi, MD