Uneven Nostril Height After Septorhinoplasty

Had a septorhinoplasty a month ago to correct a deviated septum, it seems though that I also had uneven nostril height from the beginning but this was not corrected. Most likely will seek out a revision. Can this be corrected? If so which techniques would be used? What would be the recovery time for such a procedure? Any specific questions that I should ask the revision specialist? Thanks in advance.

Alar rim graft may help

+1

Although some asymmetry may still remain using an alar rim graft is the easiest and least intrusive option 

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

U neven Nostril Height

+1

Perfectly symmetrical nostrils is very difficult to achieve. If you are referring to slight alar rim retraction (I cannot see anything else without a picture of the base of your nose) this can be improved with an alar rim carrtilage graft.

Asymmetric nostril rims

+1

My advice would be to leeave it alone. Some asymmetry is normal. To change the position of the rim is very difficult to achieve and will leave a scar along the base of the nostril.

Nostril assymetry

+1

This is a difficult problem to fix.  There are ways to make the nostril more symmetric but it seems you are referring to the nostril rim or ala more than the nostril itself.  A small cartilage rim graft on the higher side can bring the rim down and provide more symmetry.  A thorough evaluation by a rhinoplasty expert would be essential.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon