Uneven Nostril Height After Septorhinoplasty

Had a septorhinoplasty a month ago to correct a deviated septum, it seems though that I also had uneven nostril height from the beginning but this was not corrected. Most likely will seek out a revision. Can this be corrected? If so which techniques would be used? What would be the recovery time for such a procedure? Any specific questions that I should ask the revision specialist? Thanks in advance.

Alar rim graft may help

Although some asymmetry may still remain using an alar rim graft is the easiest and least intrusive option 

U neven Nostril Height

Perfectly symmetrical nostrils is very difficult to achieve. If you are referring to slight alar rim retraction (I cannot see anything else without a picture of the base of your nose) this can be improved with an alar rim carrtilage graft.

Asymmetric nostril rims

My advice would be to leeave it alone. Some asymmetry is normal. To change the position of the rim is very difficult to achieve and will leave a scar along the base of the nostril.

Nostril assymetry

This is a difficult problem to fix.  There are ways to make the nostril more symmetric but it seems you are referring to the nostril rim or ala more than the nostril itself.  A small cartilage rim graft on the higher side can bring the rim down and provide more symmetry.  A thorough evaluation by a rhinoplasty expert would be essential.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon