Uneven Nose 7 Months Post Rhino? (photo)

Hi, About 7 months ago I had rhino done and I feel like my nose is uneven. My doctor told me I had thick skin to start with but I feel like my results should have been better. I have had 3 steroid injections but I havent noticed a difference. I think my nose tilts to one side more then the other and feels harder on one side (tip) My doctor suggested a revison but I am worried now, do you think a revision would help? Im just scared of making things worse.

Uneven Nose 7 Months Post Rhino

+2

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for revision surgery to improve the asymmetry - but an in person examination would be essential

Uneven nose 7 months after nose job...

+2

Ashley:

It looks like a pretty good result overall. I do see the mild asymmetry. I don't think its completely correctable surgically (I think it will always lean slightly)  If it were my own nose, I would leave it alone. You look good, especially in the front view you uploaded.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Rhinoplasty Revision

+2

Thanks for posting the question.  Admittedly, it is difficult to see many details from the pictures posted but it seems that the tip of the nose is deviated to the left somewhat.  If this is the case, steroid injections will not help but a surgical revision is indicated. It is unlikely that a wait-and-see approach will be beneficial at this point, although some doctors like to wait a full year before doing rhinoplasty revision.  Discuss this with your doctor in detail, and best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

Your photos do show some asymmetry.  Sometimes this is difficult to completely correct if there was asymmetry prior to the surgery.  I would postpone revision until 1 year postop to allow as much edema resolution as possible.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Your head is tilted in your posted photos that also have tight bracketing. This makes them almost non-contributory. On the view from below though there is some valve collapse on the left. Some revision surgery will be required but it is impossible to say exactly what that would be from this limited set of photos alone. You need to find out exactly what your surgeon plans to do at revision surgery. Then get a copy of the operative report and take it and yourself to another surgeon for a second opinion. Then if you feel comfortable have the original surgeon do the revision.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Posted photos are not of good quality. YOu need IN PERSON evaluation from boarded docs in your city. 

#Rhinoplasty and Results

+1

From your photographs, it appears that you have a reasonable result. It is impossible to determine without pre-op photos as a comparison. However, if you look at your face, your left facial skeleton is less projecting and there is tilt in that direction. This is best seen on the views looking from below. Secondary rhinoplasty is a challenging operation and there needs to be a real problem if you decide to embark on this. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD