Uneven Nose (Leaning to the Right), Big Nose Tip? (photo)

My whole face is very unsymmetrical and so is my nose. It is leaning to the right. My profile slightly to the left for example looks totally different than to the right. Also, it's very visible when I look down (also want to fix my big nose tip). Other thing is, my upper part of the nose is turned inwards (don't know how to explain), I want a little more volume on that part so the nose would be a little straighter in the part from my forehead to the middle of the nose. What are my options?

Uneven Nose (Leaning to the Right), Big Nose Tip?

+1

The cant to the right can be improved with bony and cartilaginous dorsum correction and the tip size can be reduced as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

A crooked nose can be difficult to fix depending on the anatomic problem.

+1

The nose can be crooked for a variety of reasons. Some of them are relatively simple to fix some require complex nasal fracture. The nose in the picture appears to have a band due to work cartilage which if my diagnosis is correct is relatively easy to take care of.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and crooked nose

+1

A full rhinoplasty would be required to straighten  the nose with osteotomies and cartilage grafting. Narrowing of the bulbous tip would be accomplished by tip suturing techniques as well as cartilage removal. This can all be done through close rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient procedure. Virtual rhinoplasty software and is available on our website for you to try. Please see the  link below  for crooked noses we have repaired in our practice.

+1

Simply put a full rhinoplasty is need. Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded rhinoplsty surgeons in your city! 

Straightening the Nose

+1

A thorough evaluation of the inside and outside of your nose is needed to evaluate the underlying anatomy as well as determine the cause of your deviation.  While a deviated nose can be greatly improved, it is quite difficult to perfectly straighten out, as is it often has multiple causes, including the underlying anatomy of bones and cartilage.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Uneven Nose

+1

Looking at your pictures I agree that there are several nuances and issues with your nose.  Definitely it is crooked and deviates to one side.  Secondly you are absolutely correct that your face has asymmetries.  Finally your tip is indeed a bit bulbous and slightly over rotated.  Now what to do about it.  As for the crookedness, while it can definitely be corrected be aware that it is generally one of the most difficult things to fix.  That is because it is usually not caused by only one part of your nose.  The issue is very often multi-factorial.  Your bones and cartilage as well as the foundation of your nose are deviated.  Therefore while you can certainly make it better you are unlikely to make it perfect.  This is key to understand.  As for the general asymmetry of you face, the face that you recognized that is the most important thing as you can not correct that.  Finally in regards to your tip, you can definitely soften it and improve its appearance but as your nose is already a bit over turned you must be careful that it doesn't become worse.  So often after tip work surgeons leave the tip more up turned, like a PIGGY nose.  Bottom line make sure you find someone with a lot of experience with noses and more importantly that you like their work.  Lots of their work, not simply a few pictures.  Hope that helps and good luck

Rady Rahban, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can straighten the nose  The exact way that this can be achieved needs to be determined by an in-person exam.  Make sure you go to a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Best Wishes

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You certainly can have a rhinoplasty to correct the issues that you are concerned about. Best to be seen in person.

Rhinoplasty for the deviated uneven nose with a bulbous tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the deviated uneven nose with a bulbous tip can be done to straighten your nose refine your tip and cartilage graft any asymmetries or indentations. 

Correcting an uneven nose

+1

Thank you for your question Klara!  from the pictures you have posted, it is apparent that there is a deviation in the septum internally and externally that is causing some of your problems.  A surgery to correct this would include a thorough and global evaluation of the inside and outside of your nose.  The asymmetry in the tip and its bulbosity may also be corrected simultaneously.  I suggest consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon with training in correction of internal airway problems and cosmetic concerns.

Behrooz Torkian, MD