Uneven Nipples, Should I Have Revision Surgery?

BA was done 1yr/3mo ago. Under muscle 300cc HP Textured. It took a very long time for the swelling to go down on me, and so I was asked not to judge my results too soon. OKAY things should be "settled" by now. I'm very unhappy. It's my left breast that seems to be Way OFF, it appears larger and the nipples are not in alignment at all. Nipple hangs too low. I was not asymetrical before surgery. They were perfect just smaller than I liked. I'm so afraid I will need additional surgery.

Certainly have something done, but have the right thing done

+2

One very important thing to consider is "what did you look like before surgery?"  At any initial consultation, measurements are taken and all of your asymmetries should be documented.  Although it looks like the right implant is sitting a too low, were the folds under your breasts in the same place before surgery.  Also, did your right nipple sit a bit higher before surgery?  If either of these are true, an implant always magnifies these asymmetries because it makes EVERYTHING bigger!  The bigger the implant, the more it's magnified.  If you were fairly symmetric beforehand, then suturing the inside of the capsule to raise the right implant should fix the problem.  If your right nipple was already a little higher, this maneuver will improve the look, but it won't fix it.  Resist the temptation to raise the left nipple because then they are BOTH too high.  I really feel that this should all be addressed from the inside, not by putting a big scar under your right breast so if that's your surgeon's recommendation, get another opinion first.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant too low after breast augmentation

+2

When an implant is too low the point of projection will be below the nipple giving the nipple a higher and pointing upward appearance. You have a high profile projecting implant which can make smaller shifts more noticeable due to the smaller base diameter. The fold has dropped and you might consider a visit with your surgeon to reset the breast fold, and perhaps place a slightly smaller implant on the lower side.

peterejohnsonmd

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

Your pictures show that your implant on the right is too low, pushing your native breast tissue up and causing your nipple to point up and out. I'd consult with your PS to revise this as your breasts will not improve this far out from your original surgery. Best of luck.

Derek Lou, MD

Unhappy breast augmentation result

+1
Dear Noxemagirl, Thank you for the photos. Your asymmetry is demonstrated well. You have waited long enough to consider a revision. Communicate with your PS. Recent studies find that native breasts are never really symmetric. Good luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nipples

+1

I agree, your right implant is bottomed out- this can be fixed.  I would have your surgeon evaluate and advise, it will require more surgery to correct.

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Your right implant is bottoming out

+1
The pictures that you have attached shows right implant bottoming out and pushing the nipple too high. Your should see your plastic surgeon and let him evaluate the results.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon