Uneven nasal alars! (Photo)

Uneven nasal alars! Will I need my left nasal alar to be redone? It has been 6 weeks now and I still wake up with the left one thicker or meatier than the right. Does it look like it is swelling differently since the nostril seems smaller or does the left one have to be made smaller again. I had an open rhinoplasty with my nasal bones broken. If the alar has to be redone can that be done in the Dr. Office? I'm so depressed!

Uneven nasal ala

+1
It is simply too early to make a judgement about the final result.

Los Angeles, CA.

Uneven Nostrils

+1
From the limited photos you submitted, it appears you have thick skin, and a slight asymmetry. A slight asymmetry between nostrils is very common, and most people have them. It is true that you still have, and will have swelling for a period of time, and things may change slightly, but you have a very acceptable result and I think your surgeon did a great job!

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nasal alars! (Photo)

+1
ONLY 6 WEEKS!!!! Allow at least 3 months or more for swelling/healing phase to be done... Have you discussed this with your operative surgeon "yet"????