Uneven Lower Lip Due to Scar Tissue on Inside, What are My Options? (photo)

I fell 14 years ago and bit through my lower lip. I am left with what I THINK is scar tissue on the lower wet part of the lip. This creates a bulge on the outside and my lip looks uneven. If I get the scar tissue removed, will this help with the uneven-ness? Could surgery make it worse? What is the procedure for something like this? Thank you in advance!

Scar tissue of lower lip after fall causing unevenness

+1

It is hard to judge what the inside of your lip looks like on these pics.  But, based on the pics, I would start of with a little dermabrasion for the scar on the chin area of the external lip and possibly some kenalog injections into the lip to reduce the bulkiness of that area.  Just some thoughts...

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip deformity

+1

lip deformity after trauma is common, this could be due to many reasons, how it was repaired, scars hanging mucosa. Repair can be easily performed under local anesthesia, by excision and proper repair.

Cosult a board certified plastic surgeon

Lip Asymmetry

+1

While it is difficult to say for sure without seeing the inside of your lip, it is possible that it is the result of your traumatic fall when you bit your lip.  This is something that can be addressed to smoothen out the asymmetry of your lip, but an evaluation of the inside of your lip is necessary.  This is likely something that can be taken care of in the office under local anesthesia while you are awake.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with this.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/